CrossRoads Missions Mexico intends to transform the city of Piedras Negras, Mexico, with the love and compassion of Christ through working alongside and empowering already-existing ministries by providing encouragement, home ownership opportunities, Christian education, medical clinics, and youth programming.
Piedras Negras is at the northern border of the state of Coahuila in Mexico. It sits across the Rio Grande from Eagle Pass, Texas, and is about 150 miles southwest of San Antonio. The city's population is around 250,000 and continues to grow. Due to its border location, the city is significantly influenced by the U.S. in areas such as religion, media, and even language.
Piedras Negras, Mexico Field Trip Details
Short Term Mission Trips
Come join us for a weeklong trip. We have passionate and loving staff that will lead you in meaningful projects, programs, and fellowship. The participant fee covers supplies for construction, community programs, lodging, meals, worship, and devotions. Transportation is also included upon arrival to the San Antonio Airport or Eagle Pass, Texas.
*Passports are required for travel to and from Mexico
A typical week includes:
- Praise/devotions/teaching - Since worship is the focus of the week, we have times of praise, personal devotions, and teaching to prepare and challenge us throughout the week.
- Construction projects - CrossRoads Missions staff will lead you in a wide variety of construction projects for people of all skill levels. Trained staff and interns will supervise work including concrete, drywall, tile, roofing, painting, and various other jobs.
- Community programs - During the week your team will spend time serving alongside local ministries such as a Christian school, a deportee shelter, a children's home, a home for the handicapped, and other potential programs.
- Fellowship - Your team will spend time in fellowship with other churches from the U.S., the local church in Mexico, and of course the people of Piedras Negras. Activities might include a cookout, game nights, and other activities to form relationships and learn more about the culture.
CrossRoads Missions provides transportation from Eagle Pass, Texas, or the San Antonio Airport during your time in Piedras Negras, Mexico. Should you have transportation needs, contact the field staff for suggested providers.
- Mexico - Weeklong Trips - pick up in Eagle Pass, TX - $500.00
Mexico - Weeklong Trips - pick up in San Antonio, TX - $550.00
Medical Mission - Piedras Negras, Mexico
With the help of Mexican translators and pastors, the medical teams set up clinics in the outlying areas of the community where medical attention is limited or absent. The medical clinics are based on Biblical holistic medical care and focus to build up disadvantaged individuals and communities by incorporating health care, evangelism, medicine, and health education into their daily lifestyles. A team of doctors, nurses, and students are needed to conduct clinics in these communities. It is a great hands-on experience for nurses, physician assistants, and medical students. Non-medical participants are also welcome and can be used according to their gifts and abilities as well as add support to our medical team.
If you have questions regarding the medical mission, please contact Tim Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org